Sign in to follow this  
aeppelwoitrinkr

Paul Thurotts Erfahrungen Vista Release Candidate 1 Review (x64)

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_rc1_02.asp

Welcome to Hell: Software compatibility and Vista x64

You think you're tough? Then try running Windows Vista in x64 mode: It can make a grown man wail like a little girl whose brother just catapulted Barbie over the fence. What's insidious about it is that the first impressions are deceptively good: After installing the thing in under 30 minutes and watching it recognize every single piece of hardware connected to my PC, I started installing applications thinking that this, finally, might be the time to move fully to x64 on my desktop machine.

Big mistake. Applications like Microsoft Office work just fine on the x64 versions of Windows Vista, but almost nothing else does. Adobe Photoshop won't install at all, citing an unspecified compatibility issue. Ditto for Virtual PC 2004. And ******. And Nero. And iTunes.

Yikes.

---

Jetzt werde ich bestimmt als "Troll" abgestempelt. What shells? :-)

Der letzte Beitrag zu diesem Thema ist mehr als 180 Tage alt. Bitte überlege Dir, ob es nicht sinnvoller ist ein neues Thema zu erstellen.