file and folder visibility, on/off?

Der letzte Beitrag zu diesem Thema ist mehr als 180 Tage alt. Bitte erstelle einen neuen Beitrag zu Deiner Anfrage!

Empfohlene Beiträge

I need to use a flat folder structure, and when different users logon to the folder the different folders within the shared folder should be visible and not visible to the respective groups.

Example:

User bosses: logs on to a company shared folder(public).

share: bosses

Permission: only bosses

(example--must share folders, files with the personel)

--(with out saying, YES I could make a seperate file share for this, but it is so wished)

User joe-normal: he logs on the public share and sees the folder bosses, ---this should not be visible, how do I make the folder visible to one group and not the other????

it is not enough that the user joe gets access denied, no it must be that he can not see the folders, and files. (this is possible in Novel for example)

one little information extra;

this can save someone there job, because if the files and folders are being audited, and joe trys a few times to get in the folder, or the files, he could be fired, If can not view them then i am saving his job for him.

Please help someone...

I have found the 3rd party program hide folders, but I can not get it to hide the folders for groups, it removes the entry in the "MFT" and the files and folders are no longer accessable until the "MFT" gets the entrys returned, (turning the software off)...

I really need a solution, and a 3rd party software that extends the DACL, or even BETTER would be a GPO extention in the ADS, or a .ADM file that has the ability to do what I need to do.

Anyone else have the talent of writing a .ADM template... I am to lazy and do not know if it would work?

Please so many have so many good ideas,,,, let us BRAIN STROM!

Ok, I really would help you, but cause of the the architecture, how access control and DACL checking is done in Windows, what you want to achive is not possible. And no brainstorming and no *.adm will help you. That's the fact, and you and the rest of the world have to live with it or to change the operating system or to workarond in the manner I told above ;) :(

grizzly999

Original geschrieben von cth2000

I really need a solution,

,,, let us BRAIN STROM!

Well, as grizzly mentioned, there is no chance to let this work with MS-products because of the structure and the way the rights are managed.

In my opinion (sorry board-guys for the terrible idea) you should change the OS to work with a filesystem that is able to really hide the shares.

uhhmmm.... i. e. what about Linux Samba, or NetWare NFAP/CIFS? Both work excellent in that way you try to reach and it would be quiet easy to integrate these servers into your it-infrastructure.

No money? No knowlegde about? If it is really important the price doesn't matter.

Greetings

Olaf

PS:

this can save someone there job, because if the files and folders are being audited, and joe trys a few times to get in the folder, or the files, he could be fired,

Then you (or your boss) should blame the MS-engineers and developers which are responsible for this kind of sharing-secutiry.

If you want to prevent users from seeing the subdirectory shares when they browse the network, click Hide subdirectories shares, and then click OK.

Hey, great thing. But why is it required to buy and administrate a cluster? Why isn't it implemented in the "normal" Server? :confused:

Perhaps, MS saves that new feature for the Longhorn-server-version so everybody has a reason to buy it... :D:D:D

Der letzte Beitrag zu diesem Thema ist mehr als 180 Tage alt. Bitte erstelle einen neuen Beitrag zu Deiner Anfrage!

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt antworten und Dich später registrieren. Falls Du bereits ein Mitglied bist, logge Dich jetzt ein.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor-Fenster leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...