Unterschiede EMI & SMI
Geschrieben 28. Juni 2006 - 15:17
könnt Ihr mir sagen wo die Unterschiede in den Cisco Software Images
EMI(Enhanced Multilayer Software Image) & SMI(Standard Multilayer Software Image) sind.
Vielen Dank im vorraus.
Q. What features are only supported on the EMI?
A. The following features and functionality are only supported with the EMI:
• Advanced IP routing protocols for load balancing and constructing scalable LANs:
–IGRP and EIGRP
• WCCP to allow switch interaction with a cache for the purpose of redirecting content requests to a cache and performing basic load balancing across multiple caches
• PBR to allow specific policies to be implemented by causing selective traffic to take different paths
• PIM for IP multicast routing within a network that enables the network to receive the multicast feed requested and for switches not participating in the multicast to be pruned; support for PIM sparse mode (PIM SX), PIM dense mode (PIM DX), and PIM sparse-dense mode
• Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol (DVMRP) tunneling for interconnecting two multicast-enabled networks across non-multicast networks